Senolytics: Removal of senescent cells.
In a recent paper, “Paradoxes of Senolytics”, 2018, Blagosklonny writes:
“Senolytics are drugs that extend lifespan and delay some age-related diseases by killing senescent cells…Targeting senescent cells has been shown in animal models to prevent such age-related pathologies as emphysema, lung fibrosis, atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, renal disease, intervertebral disc pathology, hepatic steatosis.”
The leading senolytics used are currently Dasatinib, Quercetin, and Fisetin.
Dasatinib is the drug of choice as there are three human clinical studies, excellent results in animal trials, and it is well tolerated.
Quercetin: Used in two of three human studies. All mouse studies with Dasatinib included Quercetin. Effectiveness used alone not shown; but very safe and no serous reported side effects.
Hickson: 2019; First study to show Dasatinib would decrease senescent cells in humans.
Method: Dasatinib in dose of 100 mg plus Quercetin 1000 mg was given orally to individuals with diabetic kidney disease for 3 days. 11 days later the senescent cell burden was measured. The 3 day treatment was well tolerated.
1. Senescent cell in subcutaneous adipose tissue was reduced: 35%, 17%, 62% depending on marker used for senescent cells.
2. macrophages, which are anchored to senescent adipose cells were released and reduced 28%.
3. “Crown-like structures” (dead adipose cells) characteristic of adipose tissue in diabetes and obesity were reduced 86%.
4. Healthy adipocyte progenitors (stem cells) were increased 8%.
5. Senescent epidermal cells were reduced 20% as measured by length and 31% by marker.
6. Circulating SASP factors: IL-1a, -2, -6, -9, MMP -2, -9, -12 (Matrix Metalloproteinases) were significantly lower.
Quercetin when used alone without Dasatinib has many uses and is used for respiratory function, cardiovascular function, anxiety & stress, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, insulin resistance, diabetes, gout, allergies, hay fever, asthma, cognitive impairment, eye related disorders including cataracts, stomach ulcers, circulation problems, inflammation of the prostate and skin disorders. The flavonoid Quercetin used here is 98% pure from USA Supplier.
Dasatinib is normally used to treat a certain type cancer. Dasatinib is also used to treat a certain type of chronic CML in children. Dasatinib is in a kinase inhibitor. It works by blocking the action of an abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps stop the spread of cancer cells. Here we are using Dasatinib with the flavonoid Quercetin as part of a Senolytic treatment for removal of senescent cells. Purity: ≥98% (HPLC)
We first intended to produce a capsules that contained Both Dasatinib and Fisetin. But High quality Fisetin extract is expensive and would have greatly increased the costs to our group so we have decided to go with the following formulation:
Dasatinib 50 mg and Quercetin 1000 mg per capsule
Price for 20 capsules of our D & Q Senolytic Activator is US$190.00 this includes express international shipping at no extra cost.
- Dosage we recommend starting off with 1 capsule every two weeks.
- Then moving to the standard dose of 2 capsules taken at the same time every two weeks.
Please note that due to a high level of sales of this product a 10 day delay in shipping may apply.